Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Dialogue 5: Making an Appointment

Direct Link to fully annotated document: Dialogue 5: Making an Appointment
Text without Annotations:

Making an Appointment:
<Phone rings>
B: (in English) Thank you for calling, how may I help you?
(Urakoze guhamagara, ndagufashe iki?)
{ Thank you | to call , | I help you | (with) what ? }
A:  Do you speak Kirundi?
Uravuga Ikirundi?
{ you speak | Kirundi ? }
B: Yes, I speak Kirundi a little. How can I help you?
Ego, ndavuga ikirundi gikeyi. Ndagufashe iki?
{ Yes | I speak | Kirundi | little . | I help you | (with) what ? }
A: I need to talk to C.
Nkeneye kuvugana na C.
{ I need | to talk with/together | with | C . }
B: C isn’t here.  Who is this?
     C sihari. Uri nde?
    { C | isn’t present . | You are | who ? }
A: I am A.
Ndi A.
{ I am | A . }
B: Ah, A, hello. What do you need?
Ah, A, amakuru.  Ukeneye iki?
{ Ah , | A , | hello . | You need | what ? }
A: I need help filling out a job application.
Nashaka uwomfasha kwuzuza urupapuro rwo gusaba akazi.
{ I would like | you help me | to fill out | a paper | of/for | to ask | work/job }
B: We can help you with that. Let’s make an appointment. Can you come in tomorrow?
Turashobora kugufasha. Reka ndaguhe isango. Ushobora kuza ejo?
{ We can | to help you. | Let me | give you | appointment. |
You can | to come | tomorrow ? }
A: No, I work tomorrow.
Oya, ejo ndakora.
{ No , | tomorrow | I work . }
B: Can you come in on Friday?
Urashobora kuza kuwagatanu.
{ you can | to come | Friday ? }
A: Yes, I can come in then. What time?
Ego. Gihe ki?
{ Yes. Time | what ? }
B: 10 o’clock?
Isaha zine zuzuye?
{ hour | four (ten) | o’clock }
A: Yes, I will be there at 10 o’clock on Friday.
Ego, nzoba ndahari isaha zine kuwagatanu.
{ Yes . | I will be present | hour | four (ten) | Friday . }
B: Great, see you then.
Neza cane, tuzosubira rero.
{ well | very , | see you later | then . }
A: Thank you, have a nice day.
Urakoze, ugire umusi mwiza.
{ Thank you , | have | day | nice . }
B: You’re welcome.
    Korerwa.  
{ be served }

No comments:

Post a Comment